Thursday, February 21, 2008

Putting it on the line...

I don't know why I am doing this, but I am. Robert McKee says that no one has to know how mediocre most of your work is unless you "add vanity to folly, and put it on display." Well I guess I fall into that category. I just don't know what to do with most of the crap I write, so I'll share it with the blogging world.

Here Lies

The clank of a can on a cold tile floor
Feels like falling through
Ice on a frozen pond.
Warmth deserts like a cowardly soldier.
No heat of sun, or fire, or flame

A mother’s unheeded warnings
Sound like toy cars
Tumbling down stairs; they

Crack
And
Shatter

Landing in a puddle of innocence

Lost.

But trying to leave, to stop, to change
Is harder still.
Like cigarette smoke you
Soak into a corduroy couch.
Seep deeper still into
Worthlessness.

Giving in
Looks like the last leaf
Falling off a wet and
Creaking tree, landing on a
Headstone:

Here lies

Change.

1 comment:

Jaquilyn Shumate said...

yo! add us!!!

travilynshu.wordpress.com


and my personal one is:

jaqshu.blogspot.com

it was sooooooo good seeing you!