Thursday, March 13, 2008

Summer Snow and Attic Homes

I woke up this morning at a crisp 8 o clock, took a fresh breath of morning air, and drew back the curtains only to find a layer of freshly fallen snow covering the earth which, in the middle of March, is hell. Now I like snow and I hate to complain that the good Lord is sending the Idaho farmers some sweet soft moisture, but March 13? It seems like something that should be in a line of Alanis Moristte's "Ironic" (i.e. something that is in no way ironic, but sucks very much.)

That's life.

But this is also life: Dave and I found a homestead! It's not much, but it has more 23.6 degree angles than a person can dream for and a bedroom two times the size of the rest of the apartment. As if that isn't enough it's an attic! Take that basement apartments.

7 comments:

holli h. said...

a homestead??? That's awesome. Please have an attic warming party!

Liz said...

The snow can suck it. Boooooo Rexburg. Congrats on finding a homestead, by the way. Ya'll gonna be so happy and domestic.
-Lizzy Bradbury

Kristine said...

congrats on finding a home. that is great news. and can i just say that i LOOOVE that pic of you two. Goodness Gracious. adorable.

Anonymous said...

Jessica, that is the cutest picture ever!!! I cant believe how grown up you are!! I remember when you were like 5...Am I really that old?? Congrats on your engagement! Leslie Kim

Seriously... said...

Loved your announcement. Thanks for inviting us :) On that note....I asked Dave what you guys wanted the kids to wear...but I thought maybe I should ask you too....I've got navy sweater vests for all 3 (along with really cute brown shorts, button up shirts and plaid vans.....). If you want something not-so-casual (suits, ties, etc.)....then let me know and i'll hunt around and see what I can find!
Kendra

LeanMom said...

I just read Dave's description of how he asked you, and saw the darling pics.It was so precious!! Anyhow, I'm spending way too much time in this land of Blog.
Both your sisters already posted blogs about the past weekend.
Where is yours?
You sure got a lot of neat 'stuff'. It's sunny today, I guess you did bring the clouds with you. Next time they'll have to stay in Rexburg.
Love you,
Mom
(the leanmom is not a commentary on my weight-obviously-just a joke from all the dumb spellings of my name. Lean is the dumbest(after Lian-Thank you Pinkberry's) Don't people know lean spells 'lean' as in the Jack Sprat kind,not LeeAnn which is the 'real way' to spell the name?)

Maggie said...

Canada is an attic and they are pretty cool. Congrats.


The chances of you seeing this post are slim to none... I have just reintroduced myself to the blogging world and am reading all your blogs because they are... to be predictable, hilarious. Thank you.