Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Titanic


I dedicate this blog entry to the movie Titanic. I want to come out publicly and proclaim my shameless love for the movie. It seems that most people feel encumbered by the need to renounce the movie simply because of it's ridiculous love story, hackneyed dialogue, and mediocre acting. While these things may be true, Titanic is a great story of historical human interest, coupled with a moving score and an amazingly accurate portrayal of the sinking of this grand ship!


This being said, if you haven't seen it in a while maybe its time to pull it out from your sock drawer, dust it off, and give Titanic another shot. Here's to you, James Cameron, I salute you.

4 comments:

Dave said...

Titanic Shmitanic... I'll never watch that trash!

Jaquilyn Shumate said...

ahahaha! i just read dave's blog. and now yours. sadly i must agree with you. my family still teases me to this day quoting the 11 yr old version of me, "that movie changed my life." i know i know... but IT DID!

Unknown said...

SPOILER ALERT: The Titanic sinks.
REALITY ALERT: The Titanic stinks.
However, my heart will go on...

Maggie said...

Do I even need to type the AMEN for you to hear it? Didn't think so.